Friday, September 09, 2005

God :- omnipresent or absent ??????

This was ,is and has always been the greatest mystery in the universe.
I have always wondered about this since my childhood whether god really exists or not...
When I was a child , I was told that god shani would entere us if we don't clean ourselves after emptying our bowels... and would follow us in whatever work we do and lead to all kinds of misfortunes . I also watched the movie starring S.V. Rangarao wo also suffers for the same.. these thing greatly affected my tender mind, and believe me i started washing both my hands and legs atleast thrice after emptying my bowels..
that was the effect of the movie on me!!!!!
At this time I was a strong believer of god...

The situation started changing when one of my close friends became an athiest..
He started thinking everything in terms of science and explained that there's nothing of the sort of god and gid doesn't exist at all.
It greatly influenced me and I also started supporting him though many of our frenz criticised us . I remained as an athiest for several years .

But the situation began to change when some questions haunted me like "Why on earth would so many people worship some non existant creature . All of them are indeed intelligent and more experienced than me but why are they doing this?? " and "why would I think of a nonexistant God and none else when i am in some trouble???"

These questions haunted me for long and during this time I watched movies like "annamayya" and other devotional movies like "manjunatha" which are stories of an athiest who hates god but turns into a great servant of go for the rest of his life just due to the realisation provided by the so called "GOD".

Now enters the mischief and fantasy in me!!!!
Imagine wat ???
I started fantasising myself as one of those "annamayya" or "manjunatha" and hoped that i would also turn like them by the "grace of god"!!!!!
So now i wanted to test the existance of god!!!
Guess what I would do???

I prayed to god that "oh lord venkateshwara.....I am praying you after a long time and want to test ur existence!!!! so if u really exist, then fulfil my desire then I would become ur dedicated servant 4 the rest of my life and if not I will remain as an athiest for the rest of my life and my desireis that "it must start raining within half an hour "!!!!!"...
Guess what happened????

Hey its not any telugu movie but it really did happen :- it started raining after just 10 minutes heavily...I was terribly shocked at this phenomenon and said everything to my frenz who just laughed at me asying that i was weaving some cock and bull story!!! Imagine my plight at this moment!!!
After this I was totally confused about god and developed a fear that god really exists and is going to punish me 4 all the athiest work i have done!!!!

All this confusion cleared up when i had a vocal fight with my father who argued that god really exists... When I said that it was man who created god my father replied that all the world that is today is because of the rules and discipline as laid by the religion otherwise people would have fought among themselves and the world wuld have been reduced to ashes in minutes and that god is the hope in evrey one mind and we can really feel it when we pray him and we are repaying all that has been done to us by the religion by praying god!!!!

This was i think the best xplanation of god i have ever heard.
I feel that there must be hope,discipline and set of rules to guide a human life and god forms the basis of all these . As every person has hope in him ,every person has god in him and all gods are indeed one and that is our hope and discipline irrespective of wat religion one belongs to ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

its nice and keep updating whenever u have time.
Anyway, thanks for mentioning me in ur blog.


rahul.Y

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sravanthi said...

That was very nice view on god.It even inspired me.

srihasam Ravi said...

Cool argument with a nice stick to support

Anonymous said...

But the situation began to change when some questions haunted me like "Why on earth would so many people worship some non existant creature . All of them are indeed intelligent and more experienced than me but why are they doing this?? "

For the same reason which the majority of people buy ipods, wear skin-hugging costumes when you are not interested in them.

religion is responsible for maintaining the world in order.
Huh, if thats the case, there will be no religious riots.If you say, religion is right but man has misinterpreted it, God who exists supposedly to keep the world in harmony and shower rain to reinstate belief in him should make man understand the true essence of religion

Sravs said...

The narration is superb. I felt a friend explaining his feelings n experiences he faced in his life. fantastic...keep going on..& pls do inform me.